Tuesday 26 February 2013

Time for a New Collection....


The Black Collection was designed in late 2012 and it was time to start planning the next collection. From living in London I was surrounded by inspiration; architecture, The Science Museum, The National History Museum and general fashion on the streets.

After researching concepts and not really sure what I wanted to do next I found this stunning jewellery in a fashion shop and fell in love! The necklace was made up of paneled pieces connected together with gold hoops with a snake print detail. Edged with black and gold studs this instantly translated in to clothes designs. I bought the necklace as well as a pair of silver triangle earrings and a embroidered collar. I went home and began to draw shapes from the jewellery. The theme for the next collection will be inspired by mythology of the Egyptian gods. Interpreting prints, shapes and experimenting with new techniques that I haven't used before.




No comments:

Post a Comment